AID Eastbay - Donations
Donations are used to fund projects in India and causes identified by ‘AID - India’ and our partner Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) working at the grassroots level. We receive formal proposals, which are evaluated by trained volunteers who diligently establish the credibility of the partners, evaluate the cost and the benefit, visit the sites and stringently assess the overall scope and budget before approving the funds requested. We focus on empowering communities, and do not believe in ‘charity’ in the true sense of the word. Also, we evaluate the ongoing progress by keeping in close touch on a quarterly basis with AID-India or partner NGOs, and visiting the sites at every available opportunity.
Again, why donate to AID?
- AID-USA being largely volunteer-run, there are limited overhead and administrative costs, resulting in >95% of the money being used for the cause/ at the site and per donor wishes.
- People like you and us, who have other full-time commitments do all the work, and are inspired to participate in ‘Sangharsh, Nirman and Seva’.
- Our approach aims to tackle different problems that are chronic and interconnected, and we believe that the solutions ought (get involved to believe it!) to be interconnected.
- We have funded many successful projects, e.g., Eureka, Jharkhand Education and our efforts to raise awareness about the Right to Information (RTI) Act.
Other ways to support AID:
- AmazonSmile is the same as Amazon, with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that only the AmazonSmile Foundation (not Amazon!) will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.
- Please register Here for AmazonSmile and choose “Association for India's Development, Inc.” as your designated charity.
- Then, always remember to shop at Smile.Amazon.Com, where you will find the exact same shopping experience as on Amazon.com.